the quilted tortoise

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Museum Medallion { part 2 }

I've been having a lovely time hand piecing this quilt and it's starting to take shape


You'll notice that since my last post I've changed to a solid off white background and chosen this gorgeous bright and summery Liberty print called Mauvey for the first wide border.


I did love the dark cream spot I was trying out before but once I had chosen the border fabric it was a bit too muddy and dark.  I think this off white will be able to show off some decorative quilting too.  I'm considering the spot for another of the wide borders.

The narrow borders are a Kei print - beautiful and almost voile like so they go well with the Liberty lawn.  The squares are inset with one of the Sweetwater Reunion prints.


I love that I was able to cut this piece so you see the words Liberty of London!


Here it is at Treehouse Textiles amidst the gorgeous Mornington Peninsula bushland.

The next border is another of squares and inset triangles a bit larger than the last.  

You can read my previous Museum Medallion post here and see the progress of Cathy's and Deb's here and here.  You can buy Judy's wonderful pattern here.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - the liberty fabrics are gorgeous! And I love your photo on the deck - we used to live at Mt Eliza but I haven't been back to that area for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to say hi! I have just caught up with Rhonda's episode 22 podcast and enjoyed your interview ... especially the digression on Weetabix!

    I grew up in Yorkshire, spent the last 5 yers in the US, and now am back in South Wales ... I've got 3 friends in perth (one quilter, one high school friend and one former work colleague) and I think another of my old high school friends may be in Melbourne, though I'm not certain about that, lol!

    Like the sound of this medallion quilt you're working on!

    Giles
    Touch And Sew / http://touchandsew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Michelle, it is amazing. I'm loving all this Liberty, be still my beating heart!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Medallion is perfect in the Liberty fabrics! What a wonderful stash you must have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see a pattern I want to make in very different colors.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful quilt. I have some bits of Liberty and am now inspired to use them. Your photos are lovely too, especially the one on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this quilt and have been blog-hopping enjoying all the different variations. Is there a pattern available for it and if so does anyone know where I can get one over here in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow -- it's looking beautiful Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yesterday I received my pattern from Judy, so now I'm madly pulling fabrics and dreaming about different combinations. Your version is looking really lovely, I'm loving seeing all the different combinations that you and your friends are making.

    ReplyDelete